Holiday on Friday!!!!!! We are going to Devon, this is a pic of the apartment we are staying in:
Its right on the beach!!! It even has a door on to the beach. It also has a washing machine, so i can take half the clothes i normally would. We have a big food order arriving the night we arrive, which includes nappies, wipes, toiletries & washing powder. Arent i organised?
In other news, Blake has fallen in love with the iPad & wont give it back to me.
Posted via LiveJournal app for iPhone.
five thing I love about Hitchin:
1) It's a historic Market town, it has character, it's quirky in places, and it's a pretty town. (unlike Stevenage next to us, which is unsightly & horrible)
2) it's child-friendly. There are a lot of mums/kids in hitchin, with facilities to match. A soft play centre, open-air pool, lots of parks, more toddler groups than I can count, three childrens centres, art/music activity classes for pre-schoolers... I could go on & I have no doubt there's lots more I am yet to discover.
3) we are 29 minutes train ride to the centre of London.
4) The Community Midwives. They are amazing, very friendly, very pro homebirth, very experienced. We have a high homebirth rate & this is one of the best places to have a baby.
5) If you drive for just 5-10 minutes, you can be completely out in the sticks, walking in the forests.
Five things I hate:
1) Refuse collection. They don't collect enough recyclables at the roadside, yet they only do fortnightly rubbish collections. This Bugs the hell out of me.
2) house prices are too high, it's an expensive place to live.
3) they are building far too Many tiny compacted flats/houses, squeezing too many people in to tiny spaces.
4) there are not enough affordable kids clothes shops in town. Also, the rent the council charges for shop premises is too high, and many of the smaller, quirkier shops have closed down.
5) The council increase car park charges too frequently & parking is far too expensive.
5 going, 11 staying.